Sunday, May 24, 2009

Slaying of SSG commandos

By Rauf Klasra

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has ordered a high-level inquiry into the allegations against former Malakand commissioner Muhammad Javed for facilitating the alleged beheading of four SSG commandos in Swat.

Gilani made the announcement during his interaction with senior journalists and anchorpersons at the PM House the other night. Muhammad Javed, nicknamed the “godfather” of Swat Taliban, was said to be acting as the key adviser to the “Taliban state”. Even the people of Buner had accused him of cheating them by telling lies in a bid to facilitate the fall of their city to Tajiks and Uzbeks last month when the local people had formed a Lashkar of 400 people to fight the invaders.

“Let me assure you that notice of the reports about the role of the former Malakand commissioner into the beheading of four SSG commandos has been taken at the highest level and he would be punished in the light of the report,” Gilani told journalists.

Gilani was told the family members of one SSG commando, Anjum Riaz, had pointed out in the presence of Parliamentary Affairs Minister Dr Babar Awan the involvement of the former Malakand commissioner in the slaying of the commandos. Even the father of one of the slain commandos had demanded of Dr Babar Awan to ask the government to take action against the former Malakand commissioner as his son was beheaded because of this official.

No comments:

Post a Comment